Warp is the conceptual process of travelling long distance instantaneously by bending the space between the origin and destination. In Empyrion: Galactic Survival universe Warp or warp jump is used to travel between planets. A Warp Drive is needed to make a warp jump. This device can be placed on a Capital Vessel to travel between planets and stars. A Short Range Warp Drive drive can be placed on Small Vessels to travel planets in the same system.
Doing a Warp Jump[edit | edit source]
- Add a Warp Drive to a Capital Vessel or a Short Range Warp Drive to a Small Vessel.
- Add a Warp Drive Tank to the Capital Vessel or a Pentaxid Tank to the SV, and fill it with Pentaxid (refined). You will need one refined Pentaxid for every AU. For interstellar journeys, you will need one refined Pentaxid for every light year.
- Get into the cockpit of the vessel and open the Systemmap to travel in your system or the Galaxymap to travel between stars.
- Select a destination from the list on the left or by clicking on it and click “Lock target” on the bottom right.
- If the target planet is already in the field of view, an orange rectangle will show up. If the target-planet is out of sight, an orange arrow will show up on one of the side of the screen. Turn the vessel towards that direction, until the target-planet gets in sight and shows the targeting-rectangle.
- Move the crosshair of the ship in the center of the orange rectangle.
- Make sure that everyone on the vessel is sitting in a passenger seat.
- Accelerate to at least 50m/sec, then hit K (default button) to activate the warp drive.