|This article needs to be updated
As a result, some of the content may not be currently relevent. Please help contribute by.
Movement is an important game-play mechanics as exploration is one of the most important aspect of Empyrion: Galactic Survival gameplay. There are multiple ways to move around the Empyrion Universe and Maps so players do not get lost.
Running and Sprinting
Default Key-Binding : W,A,S,D, Shift, Spacebar
Running and Sprinting around is the most basic mode of movement. The player can move forward, backward or sideways using W, A, S, D keys and sprint using Shift. Running will drain food and Oxygen (when helmet is on) 1.5 times faster than if the player was standing still. Sprinting will drain food and Oxygen 3 times faster than standing still (2x faster than Running). Additionally sprinting will drain stamina. The player can't run/sprint and starts panting if all stamina is drained. Stamina automatically regenerates if the player is standing still. (Stamina won’t regenerate when the player is panting and running).
Player can jump using Spacebar. Jump height is determined by the gravity of the planet.
Maximum Speed (on plain surface):
Default Key-bindings: W,A,S,D, Shift, C, Spacebar
A player can swim in the water if the water is deep enough and player’s hand is empty. An empty handed player by default floats on the water, unless they manually get underwater or starts under water. Players can move around with W,A,S,D key and swim fast with Shift. Players can increase and decrease their depth underwater by using C and Spacebar respectively.
Players are equipped with a jetpack on their suit. The jetpack has limited amount of fuel which regenerates automatically when not in use.
Default Key-bindings:J, Spacebar
On the surface of a planet (or environment with gravity), the jetpack can only be used for assisting jumps. Pressing J key will switch the jetpack on or off. Holding Spacebar will launch player up in the air until the fuel is depleted. The height a player can reach is determined by the gravity of the planet.
Default Key-bindings:J,W,A,S,D,Q,E, C,Spacebar
The jetpack is the only way a player can move in space (0G environment) by themselves. Players cannot move unless the jetpack is turned on. W,S are used for forward and backward movement, A,D are used for sideways movement, Spacebar,C are used for up-down movement and Q,E are used to roll left and right.
Default Key-bindings:W,A,S,D, C,Spacebar, Shift+Spacebar, Control+Shift, Y,F,P
The Hover Vessel is the most basic mode of vessel transportation in Empyrion: Galactic Survival. The player needs to build a Hover Vessel to get this mode of transportation. A Hover Vessel has a maximum cruising speed of 20 m/s and can hover a maximum of 3m above the ground. Hover Vessels cannot go to or function in space, but can dock with Capital Vessel which can transport them to other planets or moons.
The movement of Hover vessels are controlled by pressing W,A,S,D for forward, backward and sideways motion; Spacebar,C keys use for increase and decrease hover height; Shift+Spacebarf to make short boosted jumps and Control+Shift to flip the vessel if the vessel is upside-down. Y is used for turning the vessel on and off, T to turn the lights on and off and P to access the control Panel.
Default Key-bindings:W,A,S,D, Q,E, C,Spacebar, Y,L,P
Players can fly in the atmosphere, around planets, moons and space in their small and capital vessel. They both have a top speed of 60.0 m/s in the atmosphere however they have different top speeds in space as a small vessel has a top speed of 120.0 m/s in space, while capital vessels have a top speed of 100.0 m/s in space
The movement of Small and Capital vessels are controlled by pressing W,A,S,D for forward, backward and sideways motion; Spacebar and C are used for move up and down movement; Q,E used to roll left and right. Y is used for turning the vessel on and off, L to turn the lights on and off and P to access the control Panel.
There are maps and various HUD visual queues to navigate in Empyrion universe
There are two types of map in Empyrion: Galactic Survival for ease of navigation :
- Planet/Orbit/Solar System/Galaxy Map: opens by pressing M
- Minimap : always shown in top-right corner of the HUD
Default Key : M
The map is opened by pressing M. You can switch between the Planet, Orbit, System and Galaxy modes (see image below). The map window shows the playfield the player currently is in when Planet or Orbit map is selected. The various Points of Interests are shown in the map via the map legend (see image below). The points of interest shown in the map are:
- Escape Pod
- Player Location
- Player Backpack
- Planets / Moons (in orbit)
- Ore Deposits and Ore Asteroids
- Alien POIs
- Player Base(own and others)
- Player Capital Vessel(own and others)
- Player Small Vessel(own and others)
- Player Hover Vessel(own and others)
NOTE: Galaxy Map is currently inactive as galaxies are not implemented in the game yet.
- The map can be rotated by clicking and dragging anywhere on the map.
- The map orients the planet in North-South direction by default for first time but the map can be dragged in any direction and planet orientation can be changed. The map orientation will remain the same and only reset to default after player closes and reopens the map.
- Orbit map shown in respect to y=0 plane i.e a x,z axis plane passing though y=0 co-ordinate.
- The position of player and all POI shown as above or below the plane.
- The POI/ Player above the plane have a line below them, the length of the line denote distance between the POI/Player and the plane
- The POI/ Player below the plane have a line above them, the length of the line denote distance between the POI/Player and the plane
- Solar system map shows all the orbits present in the soar system in a list format.
- Solar system map is primarily used for target lock for Warp Jump.
- This map also show the very basic information about the planets in the solar system and the distance form the players current position.
The minimap is always shown in the top right corner of the HUD. The minimap shows no terrain features, it only show the locations of a POI in the 300m radius around the player. It also shows the direction of the POIs up to a distance of 500m by showing the appropriate icons snapped to the edge of the map.
The minimap in space shows a (x,z) plane in y-axis, unlike the plane in the Orbital Map which is always at y=0, the plane in minimap is shown at the level of player and all other objects y-axis location (up-down) are shown relative to the player (i.e. if an object/POI is above the player, a line is shown underneath it and if it is below the player, a line is shown above it). Unlike minimap in planet, minimap in orbit shows everything in orbit and the distance shown in a logarithmic scale (i.e. further the object is, the more the distance is compressed).
|Minimap on planet||Minimap in orbit|
2. N-S-E-W indicator
3. Various POIs/ Entity
2. The (x,z) plane at players y
3. Line showing a entity (Space Drone) is above players
4. All POIs, entity present in the orbit
There are various visual cues shown in the HUD to help in navigation.