The Motorbike is used for quicker movement on the surface of a planet. The bike is good for the first few days, but a hover vessel is a far superior replacement for it. It is nice to have it on hand though should the vessel you using is disabled.
It also is prone to notorious bugs which have persisted throughout the Alpha versions of the game. Some of these include:
- catapulting a player into orbit
- getting stuck inside terrain
- clipping through terrain
- having the player model appear in odd positions while sitting
It is not recommended to use it to scale mountains or similar terrain, as this increases the risk of a bug occurring.
|Output||Inputs||Survival Constructor||Mobile Constructor||Large Constructor||Advanced Constructor|
|Motorbike||Motorbike Construction Kit (1)||3.2 s||2.8 s||2 s||1 s|
|Motorbike||Iron Ore (5)||Advanced Constructor|
- Alpha 3.0.0: Introduced.
- Alpha 3.3.0: Motorbike can now turn faster (decreased turn radius).
- Alpha 4.0.0: Motorbikes now gets removed with wipe time, Added dual light cookie to motorbike light and tweaked light intensity.
- Alpha 5.0.0: Slightly improved handling of motorbike (adjusted power setting on motorbike to reduce wheel slipping).
- Alpha 6.0.0: Updated sound for motorbike.
- Alpha 6.1.0: Added "folded" version of Motorbike.
- Alpha 6.1.1: Folded motorbike: direct pickup instead of container access.
- Alpha 6.2.0: Added better description to motorbike.
- Alpha 6.5.0: Tweaked motorbike: overall better handling, start and stop sound, now less loud.
- Alpha 6.5.3: The "look around with mouse" mode is now active per default when sitting on a motorbike.
- Alpha 7.5.0: Free camera mode is not active anymore per default when sitting on motorbike.
- Alpha 7.5.5: Added as PDA reward.
- Alpha 10.0.0: Added volumetric lighting.