Drone (Space) are similar to the drones found on planets in that they are unmanned flying devices. They do not take damage to individual blocks and have no core. When destroyed, they leave behind a wreck which can contain valuable loot.
In Empyrion there are three different settings for difficulty which affect the XP of a drone. The table below will show you what the XP values are per difficulty.
Note: XP values will vary based on Custom settings done by Player or Admin
Drone (Space) are found flying in multiple planet orbits.
The plasma drone is armed with a single Plasma Cannon on the underside of the vessel.
The laser drone is armed with a single Laser Cannon on the underside of the vessel.
Kriel Laser Drone
The laser drone is armed with a single Laser Cannon on the underside of the vessel. This drone is unique to the NPC Faction Kriel.
- Pre-Alpha 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Alpha 1.0.0: Drones can be configured in playfield files.
- Alpha 1.5.0: Updated weapons and damage models.
- Alpha 5.1.0: Drones now shoot player drone.
- Alpha 5.2.0: Updated visual ion effect for plasma drone.
- Alpha 5.5.0: Added drones to Trading space playfield.
- Alpha 6.0.0: Added drones to carrier which spawns them.
- Alpha 8.0.0: Improved AI behavior.
- Alpha 10.0.0: Remove Dead Drones from minimap.
- Alpha 12.2: Added SpaceDroneKrielLaser to OPV, Freigher and POI defense (space).