Crafting is one of the most important gameplay mechanics of Empyrion: Galactic Survival. There are many things like Building Blocks, Decoration Blocks, Devices, Tools and Weapons that can be crafted in the game.
Crafting can be done in any of the 9 types of Constructors and one Furnace available in Empyrion: Galactic Survival. They are
- Survival Constructor (only comes with the escape pod and can't be made in any other constructor)
- Portable Constructor (only works on Terrain and is self powered)
- Small Constructor (HV) (for use in HV to quickly build some essential stuff on-the-spot)
- Mobile Constructor (for use in SV to quickly build some essential stuff on-the-spot)
- Small Constructor (for use in Base and CV)
- Large Constructor (for use in Base and CV)
- Advanced Constructor (for use in Base and CV)
- Furnace (for use in Base) (produces Ingots from Ore)
- Food Processor (for processing of food and medicine items)
Survival and Small constructor can only build a few basic in-game items while the Advanced Constructor can build all in-game items. All the constructors take ores, convert them to Ingots and further make many types of Components which can be crafted into various useful Items, Weapons and Devices. If items do not have direct sub-components available, they can still be constructed if there is sufficient amount of raw material to make all necessary sub-components; this feature was initially only available to Advanced Constructors but later expanded to all constructors after Alpha 12.
The Deconstructor does the reverse of crafting -- it breaks down weapons, items and various devices into components (such as Steel Plates and Nanotubes), but cannot further breakdown components into ingots or ores. Using the Deconstructor is thus a useful way of recycling components, which can then be repurposed or reused in Blueprints.